So, last year, I fell in love with lemon and blueberry muffins.
This year, I decided to make lemon and blueberry cake.
I filled a silicone loaf mould. Enough said.
Attempt number 2 will be in my new loaf tin, which I rushed out and bought to avoid the same thing happening again (you know, after it happened with my tea loaf, and I put it on my to-buy list... and forget).
To go with my fantastic yummy bake I made strawberry milkshake.
It was simple.
I mashed strawberries and stirred them in milk.
It was lush.
250g self raising flour
1tsp Bicarbonate of soda
100g golden caster sugar (plus a little for the top)
100g blueberries (plus a handful for the top)
125mls vanilla yogurt
- Preheat the over to 180C.
- Grease and flour a loaf tin.
- Combine the sifted flour and bicarbonate of soda in a bowl, and mix in the sugar.
- Zest the lemons and stir in with the blueberries. Make a well in the centre.
- Melt the butter on a low heat, and leave to cool. Juice the lemons. Beats the eggs until smooth.
- With the yogurt in a mixing jug, beat in eggs, followed by the butter and lemon juice.
- Add the contents slowly into the well of the dry mix until combined.
- Pour the mix into the loaf tin, stud with blueberries and sprinkle with caster sugar.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until well risen and golden brown. Serve warm, or if you can wait, allow to cool.