Then, when he's over the moon that you let him enjoy the first piece.
And continues to graze.
So, this was a backwards makes forwards recipe.
I decided once again to make use of what was in the fridge.
So motivated by a Lorraine Pascale recipe we created a little piece of Mr J heaven.
500g strong bread flour
5g dry yeast
10g sea salt
5g fresh thyme leaves
100g chopped, cooked chorizo
- Sieve flour into a bowl and create a well.
- Add yeast to one side, and salt to the other. Pour water into the centre and mix.
- Knead, using an electric mix dough hook for 5 minutes, or 10mins on a floured surface.
- Add the thyme and combine.
- Create a dip in the dough and add half the chorizo, fold in the dough to combine.
- Create another dip in the dough and add the remaining half and fold in.
- Cover bowl with a tea towel and rest for one hour at room temperature.
- Preheat the oven at 275 degrees celsius.
- Turn out onto a floured surface, create a ball with the dough and with a well floured rolling pin, shape into an oval.
- Use a sharp knife to create slashes in the form of a leaf, and pull apart.
- Move to a floured baking tray, gently flour the dough, cover with a tea towel, and rest for ten minutes.
- Squirt the oven with fine water to create steam and bake for 20 mins or until golden brown and hollow when tapped.
- Leave to cool and devour.